Selasa, 03 Juni 2008

Present Tense

Simple Present
Simple present digunakan untuk :
A. Menyatakan kebiasaan/aktivitas sehari-hari. Artinya kemarin, sekarang, besok, setiap hari dia melakukan hal tersebut. Contoh :
Ann takes a shower every day.
I usually eat lunch at the cafetaria.
B. Digunakan untuk pernyataan yang bersifat fakta. Contoh :
Babies cry.
The earth revolves around the sun.
A square has four equal sides.
The sky is blue.

Present Progressive
Present progressive digunakan untuk menyatakan kegiatan yang sedang berlangsung. Kegiatan tersebut sedang dilakukan saat kalimat tersebut diucapkan. Contoh :
Ann can’t come to the phone right now because she is taking shower.
It’s noon. I am eating lunch at the cafetaria right now.
Jimmy and Susie are babies. They are crying. I can hear them right now. Maybe they are hungry.

Bentuk-bentuk simple present
(+) (I-you-we-they) work.
(+) (he-she-it) works.
(-) (I-you-we-they) do not work.
(-) (he-she-it) does not work.
(?) Do (I-you-we-they) work?
Jawaban :
Yes, (I-you-we-they) work.
No, (I-you-we-they) don’t work.
(?) Does (he-she-it) work?
Jawaban :
Yes, (he-she-it) does.
No, (he-she-it) doesn’t.

Bentuk-bentuk present progressive
(+) I am working.
(+) (you-we-they) are working.
(+) (he-she-it) is working.
(-) I am not working.
(-) (you-we-they) are not working.
(-) (he-she-it) is not working.
(?) Am I working?
Jawaban :
Yes, you are working.
No, you are not working.
(?) Are (you-we-they) working?
Jawaban :
Yes, I am working.
No, I am not working.
Yes, (you-they) are working.
No, (you-they) are not working.
(?) Is (he-she-it) working?
Jawaban :
Yes, (he-she-it) is.
No, (he-she-it) is not.

2 komentar:

dee mengatakan...

makasih banget ni postingan soal present tense-nya. jd nge-refresh otak.. udah lupa soal tenses.. boleh ga di-link..?

Ivana mengatakan...

infonya informatif ni...
jadi ingat pelajaran bahasa inggris waktu SMP,hehehe